Join the Team
Job Role: End User Computing (EUC) Engineer
Location: Hertford office/Hybrid (2-3 days in the office, with visits to our London Victoria office)
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role:
We are looking for an EUC Engineer to join Aurora! In this role, you will be responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing hardware and software components of our company’s equipment. You’ll be providing support across our organization through onsite and remote remediation, so will need to have excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills alongside outstanding time management skills and an in-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks. You’ll also be working with users across the business to provide guidance and orientation on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
This role offers hybrid-working, with 2/3 days based in our Hertford office (with regular visits to our London Victoria office), and the ability to work the rest of the week from home.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and maintain end user devices including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and associated peripherals.
- Develop, implement, and manage policies and procedures related to end user computing.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely, and via phone.
- Maintenance and continual improvement of business systems.
- Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel.
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components.
- Performing troubleshooting tasks to diagnose and resolve problems as efficiently as possible.
- Maintaining records/logs of incidents and fixes and maintenance schedule within the ITSM platform.
- Ensuring ongoing security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Providing orientation and guidance to users and new starters on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
Skills and experience you will need to succeed in this role:
- Proven experience as an IT professional, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols.
- Experience in full Office 365 Admin Suite.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Degree in Computer Science, engineering or relevant field (Desirable).
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional & ITIL).
What we offer:
- 25 days holiday (alongside annual bank holidays)
- A day off for your birthday
- Volunteering Time Off
- Company pension contributions
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Life assurance
- Support from our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Employee discounts subscription with Perkbox
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle-to-work Scheme
- & much more!
Who is Aurora?
At Aurora, we are looking for talented and hard-working individuals who are dedicated to helping us grow, excel and be the best at what we do. We are a leading digital print solution provider in the UK and a highlight specialised business telecoms provider. We offer a consolidated product and service portfolio, which focuses on helping organisations to improve efficiency, increase productivity and reduce costs.
We have over 270 employees across 8 locations within the UK and our business is expanding and growing day by day, which makes this is an excellent time to join our growing team!
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail some less major duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature, commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
View the full job PDF here:
How to Apply
All candidates wishing to apply, please fill out the form below.
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, unfortunately, we are not able to respond to all applicants. Therefore, if you haven’t heard from us within 14 days of submitting your application please assume that you have been unsuccessful.