Written on 27.11.23
As we enter the fourth year of our ESG journey, we are proud to have identified the stringent corporate governance overseen by our Board, quality team, and ESG committee, supported by external audits, which has resulted in significant achievements.
Over the past year, we have attained accreditation such as Safe Contractor, ISO 9001, ISO 45001, and ISO 14001, showcasing our commitment to quality, occupational health and safety, and environmental management.
In 2023, we are set for our most ambitious year yet. Our ESG highlights include:
– Completing our second Net Zero report, enhancing waste management to divert 100% of waste from landfill, and installing telematics in all vehicles to capture carbon emissions and mileage data.
– We invested £20,000 in training and development
– Invested a further £2,400 in wellbeing
– We successfully reduced our gender pay gap at every level of the business.
– We achieved milestones such as becoming Safe Contractor accredited
– We raised a huge £6,775 for our partner charities.
Looking ahead, we’ve raised the bar by joining the Science Based Targets Initiative, developing a social value program, and setting new targets for sustainable growth.
Our 2023 objectives include:
– Signing up for the Science Based Targets Initiative
– Rolling out environmental awareness training
– Investing in energy reduction initiatives
– Establishing DE&I champions
– Become a Real Living Wage accredited employer
– Develop a community engagement strategy, mapping our tier 2 supply chain.
– Launch a Social Value Program.
With ongoing dedication to diversity, ISO 27001 accreditation, ESG risk assessments, and stakeholder materiality assessments, we eagerly anticipate reporting our progress in 2024 as we continue to drive positive change for our people, planet, and communities.
Read the full report here: Aurora ESG Impact Report 2023
Aligned with our ambitious goals, our Net Zero Carbon Reduction Plan details our strategic approach to slashing emissions across our entire value chain. Our aim is to achieve an impressive 36% reduction in Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions by 2030, and an outstanding 79% overall reduction by 2040, a decade ahead of the UK government’s “Build Back Greener” initiative. Despite reporting a 17% increase in emissions due to our business expansion, we remain steadfast in our commitment to achieving Net Zero by 2040.
Our plan identifies specific actions across different scopes, including investments in telematics for efficient vehicle management, exploration of alternative fuels, and the implementation of green technologies in stationary combustion. Importantly, we address emissions from purchased goods and services, waste management, and business travel through collaborations with our suppliers and the engagement of Sustainable Advantage.
Highlights so far:
Our objectives for 2024:
Through our multifaceted strategy encompassing various scopes, we are committed to being a catalyst for positive change and preserving the planet for future generations. The Net Zero Carbon Reduction Plan exemplifies our proactive approach in building a sustainable and environmentally conscious business.
Read the full report here: Aurora Net Zero Report 2023